October 1 (Sun.), 2017
*All classes are taught in English for students enrolled in October.
Department of Technology Management: 15 students
(Admission quota is the total number of students admitted in April and October)
Applicants must fall under one of the following categories:
(1) University graduates or those expecting to graduate from a university by September 31, 2017.
(2) Those who have been awarded a bachelor's degree under the provisions of Paragraph 4, Article 104 of the School Education Act (Japan) or those who are expected to receive one by September 31, 2017.
(3) Those who have completed or are expected to complete 16 years of school education in a foreign country by September 31, 2017.
(4) Those who have completed or are expected to complete, by September 31, 2017, 16 years of school education through correspondence courses provided in Japan by an overseas educational institution.
(5) Those who have completed or are expected to complete, after the date determined by MEXT, a course separately designated by MEXT at a specialized training college (which graduation requires at least four years, and also meets the other standards established by MEXT) by September 31, 2017.
(6) Those who are designated by MEXT (under the Public Notice of the Ministry of Education No. 5 on February 7, 1953).
(7) Those who are enrolled in a graduate program of another university under the provisions of Paragraph 2, Article 102 of the School Education Act (Japan) and are deemed by the Graduate School of Innovation and Technology Management to possess the academic capability required to follow a graduate program at the Graduate School.
(8) Those, 22 years old or above as of September 31 2017, who, following an individual entrance eligibility screening, are deemed by the Graduate School to possess the academic capability equivalent to or greater than that of a university graduate.
(9) Those who meet any of the requirements listed below and are deemed by the Graduate School of Innovation and Technology Management to have achieved outstanding results for the courses designated by the Graduate School in accordance with the grade slipping system of Yamaguchi University:
Note: Those who wish to apply on the basis of Item 7, 8, 9 must go through a prior screening of eligibility before starting the application process. Please refer the booklet "Application Guide and Form".
1. Application Period
Please hand in the application documents to the Admission Office from April 10, 2017 (Mon) to April 17 (Mon), 2017, 8:30 - 17:15.
If the application documents are sent by courier service (including EMS), please make sure that they must arrive before April 17, 2017.
2. Application Documents
All documents must be filled out in English and submitted.
|- Application for Admission
- Photograph card
- Identification card for Exam
- Fill out the provided forms.
Certificate of the highest academic degree obtained or expected to be obtained.
Official transcript from a graduate school; and/or a university
|Statement of application purpose:
Form 1-(A) and Form 2 or,
Form 1-(B) and Form 2
Fill out the provided form.
Those who have work experience
Those who do not have work experience
|Certificate of English language proficiency||
Submit an original score certificate of an internationally recognized English language test (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC). However, applicants (1) whose native language is English and/or (2) whose bachelor's degree was granted from an institution where English is the primary medium of instruction can substitute a document for the score certificate of English language test by filling out the following provided form:
Application fee is JPY 30,000
- Remittance from within Japan:
- Remittance from overseas (telegraphic transfer):
The application fee, once paid, will not be refunded under any circumstances.
*Applicants who will pay from within Japan are asked to contact the Admission Office prior to the payment for further details.
**Foreign students supported by a scholarship from the Japanese Government are exempted from the application fee.
Foreign applicants should submit a copy of their passports.
Note: Submitted application documents are strictly used for the admission selection of graduate students. Except the cases specified in Article 9 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information Held by Incorporated Administrative Agency (Japan), any personal information collected will not be used for any other purpose or handed to a third party without applicants' permission.
3. Application Submission
(1) During the application period, applicants must hand in all the documents listed above to the Admission Office specified bellow.
(2) If the documents are posted from within Japan or from overseas, please send by Registered Express Mail or EMS with "Application for Graduate School of Innovation and Technology Management" written in red ink on the envelope.
4. Admission Office
Engineering Department Admission Office,
Faculty of Engineering, Yamaguchi University,
2-16-1, Tokiwadai, Ube, 755-8611, JAPAN
TEL: +81-836-85-9009 FAX: +81-836-85-9019
5. Bank Account for Payment of Application Fee
(Bank Account designated by Yamaguchi University)
Details of the bank account will be informed upon inquiry for security reason. Please consult the Admission Office for details before application submission.
1. Judgment of Acceptance
The judgment of acceptance shall be decided by comprehensive evaluation based on interview, academic transcripts, and other submitted documents.
Each interview will be conducted in English for about 30 minutes.
The applicant will give a 10-minute presentation based on the content of their submitted "Statement of application purpose". After the presentation, admission interviewer will ask questions about the presented content.
2. Date of the interview
May 14 (SUN), 2017
The interview time will be stated in the admission ticket to the interview sent to the applicant.
The interview will be held in Tokiwa Campus.
Tokiwa Campus, Yamaguchi University,
2-16-1, Tokiwadai, Ube, 755-8611, JAPAN
1. On the interview day, bring the admission ticket with you.
2. Changes of the contents of the submitted documents shall not be allowed after submission.
3. If any falsification in the application documents is discovered, permission to admission may be rescinded, even after the applicant has been admitted.
4. Those who enroll the school with the eligibility requirement specified in the item (9) of IV. Eligibility (grade skipping) shall lose the status as undergraduate students. Please be noted that those students shall not satisfy the qualification for some examinations (in Japan) which require the completion of undergraduate study. The applicants who consider to apply with the item (9) should be responsible for any disadvantage caused.
5. For further inquiry about admission, please consult the Admission Office.
12:00 (JST) May 26 (Fri), 2017
The result of the selection will be posted on the west bulletin board at the Faculty of Engineering, Yamaguchi University and the notification of the acceptance will be sent to successful candidates. The admission office will not respond to telephone inquiry.
The results are also announced on the Homepage of the Graduate School of Innovation and Technology Management. The official website of the school:
Successful candidates will receive the documents about the matriculation procedure by mail. They should present at the Tokiwa Campus or send all the relevant documents by registered mail or EMS to complete the matriculation procedure during the following period.
1. Matriculation Procedure Period
June 12 (Mon) - Jun 16 (Fri), 201Note7
2. Matriculation Fee
Matriculation fee: 282,000 yen
The matriculation fee is paid when the applicant is present for the matriculation procedure or by bank transfer using the prescribed form. The matriculation fee is a one-time payment.
Note 1: The matriculation fee, once paid, will not be refunded under any circumstances. "Under any circumstances" includes "even if the person declines admission."
Note 2: In the case that Yamaguchi University decides to revise the matriculation fee for the year of 2017 after the release of this Application Guide and Form, the revised fee will be applied.
Note 3: For candidates who plan to pay the fee from overseas, please consult the Admission Office.
1. Tuition Fee:
October - March Semester: 267,900 yen to be paid by the end of November
April - September Semester: 267,900 yen to be paid by the end of May
The payment of tuition fee shall be made after the matriculation.
Note 1: In the case that Yamaguchi University decides to revise the tuition fee for the year of 2017 after the release of this document, the revised fee will be applied.
Note 2: If the revision of the tuition fee is made during the student's academic years, the new tuition fee will be applied.
2. Other Fees:
Student Health Union Insurance: 4,000 yen
Disaster and Accident Insurance for Student Education and Research: 2,430 yen